Friday 2 August 2019

Novel work-A Friend in Paradise

Novel work- A Friend in Paradise by Des Hunt

In Term Two, my reading group (maroon) have been reading the book, "A Friend in Paradise".  The cyan group was reading The Secret Of Jelly Mountain by Des Hunt, magenta read Cool by Michael Morpurgo, and orange read Bow Down Shadrach, by Joy Cowley. First, we had to read the book and understand what the author was trying to say. My book was about a boy named Robbie who goes to visit his uncle because his dad died. At first, he didn't like it there, but then, he started liking it after going to Paradise (a place with lots of birds and bush), meeting Price, and finding out about the kaweau. The first two activities were comprehension questions, one for chapters 2-3 and one for chapters 10-11. Our other activity was to do a describe map about Robbie.

Altogether, I loved the book a lot and I recommend others to read it. My favourite part of the book was when there was a lahar and Robbie was stuck on the island with richardson. A lahar is a violent type of mudflow with rocky debris and water. Some themes I recognised were danger and saving other species of animals. My work is down below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.