Thursday 26 September 2019

Cross Country

Cross Country

On Wednesday 11th of September, it was the Cross Country Fun Run day. Most of the school had raised money for the Fun Run Sponsorship event and everyone was waiting to do their activities in order to get their prizes. I am one of the year sixes at Waikowhai Primary so I had to help the smaller kids do their activities. There would be around seven year sixes for each year group. I was with the year fours.
The first activity we participated in was kicking goals into the football nets. Everyone lined up, and one at a time, they would kick their footballs around the orange cones and into the nets. Once you got fifteen goals in,you had to tell the teacher, and then you would get a "K" marked on your arm. 
The second activity was the skipping for fifteen minutes challenge. We all got a skipping rope and then we started skipping. It was easy at first, but it became hard when we had skipped for a while. We were not allowed to sit down, but we were able to stop for a few seconds. I think that most of the children enjoyed this because we could see some others racing. After this, yo would get a "S" on your arm.

Our third activity was the obstacle course. The teacher told us to stand at some parts of the course, to make sure others weren't cheating. I stood next to two trees that had sting wrapped and strung on them. The others had to go through without touching the sting. It was as if the sting was a lazer. After everyone had gone at least twice, the year sixes got to have a go. My favourite part of the obstacle course was the string trees.
Our final activity was to help the year fours warm up for their race. As we warmed up, we cheered on the other children who were running across. When it was the year fours turn to race. The year sixes situated themselves near some landmarks. We had to make sure the runners were going the right way. After we had finished this, we went over to the cool down stand and waited until it was our turn to race.
When it was out turn, I had butterflies in my stomach. The run was very muddy but I enjoyed it so much. I think that the run was my absolute favourite part of the day because it challenged me a lot. At the end of the race I was really proud of myself and was happy for my friends who had also done really well. I also got a cake and an ice-block that I had preordered a different day. I think that my day was really successful because I finished the race. 

Here are some photos below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.