Tuesday 10 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey- Teaser week

Equal pay for equal work?___________________________________________

The Summer Learning Journey is coming up, so our syndicate decided to try out some teaser activities. If you didn't know what the Summer Learning Journey is, It is a program that has 60 activities to do. For each activity you do, you get points, and for commenting on someone else's activity gets you two points.My activity was to write about whether I think that women and men should be paid equally.

I think that women and men should be paid equally because we all have rights to be treated the same way. There is no better gender, and both men and women can do things well. I think that the fact that men are getting paid more is really unfair and horrible. I hope that everyone else sees how unfair this is, and how much of an urgent matter this is.







3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Ama, I hope you are having a good day!

    My name is Eliza and I’m working as a blog commenter on the Summer Learning Journey this summer. Have you done the Summer Learning Journey before? I’m looking forward to reading your posts and the other bloggers' posts from the Ako Hiko cluster, over the next few weeks! If you want to know more about me, you can check out my blog.

    Thank you for sharing your opinion about equal pay between genders. I like that you have backed up your opinion by saying that we all have rights to be treated the same way. It's always good to back up an opinion with a reason. The fact that you have said people should get the same amount of money for sports no matter what their gender is, shows that you're a caring and empathetic person who believes in equality! These are brilliant qualities to have.

    Do you play any sports? I like to play netball, run, and dance!

    Thank you so much for giving such an awesome post about gender equality when it comes to sports, I really enjoyed reading it. I hope that you will keep blogging with us over the summer. Keep working on the teaser week activities and on the 16th of December you can start the Week 1 activities.

    Have a good rest of your day!
    Eliza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ama, it's Abigail. I'm just commenting because I like to read others writing. I just red yours and I really liked it. I enjoyed especially the part where you said there is no better gender. I totally agree. I'm glad you said that. Reading your post made me remember about Kate Sheppard. I past by a few full stops that didn't have a space but I really enjoyed reading it.

    Awesome job and a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ama.
    I very like your blog post.
    Hope you do more SLJ so I can read them every weekend.
    If you want to see my blog here it is.
    https://wpsizumim.blogspot.com/
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.