Saturday 22 December 2018

summer learing journey 1

fun facts about new zealand

For  the first activity for the summer learning journey, we had to blog three different fun facts about new zealand. Here are my fabulous fun facts about New Zealand. 

1- the Maori name of new zealand is aoteraoa, that means
 the land of the long white cloud
2-there are absolutely no snakes in New Zealand!
3- really popular films such as lord of the rings, the whale rider and 
the piano were all filmed in new zealand


Hope you enjoyed these fun facts about new zealand , see you later!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Ama,

    Happy New Year and welcome to the Summer Learning Journey. It is so cool to see that you have joined the journey this year and that you are posting activities on your blog. Way to go! I have been so excited to see how many students have been active over the Christmas break. It was a nice surprise to return too after my holiday.

    I really enjoyed reading your first post as I learned something brand new from you. I did not know that the movie 'The Piano' was filmed in New Zealand. I have heard of this movie before but I have never watched it. Maybe this could be tonight's movie choice. I did know that 'The Lord of the Rings' was filmed in New Zealand. In fact, I have kayaked down the river and explored the forest down in the South Island where a lot of the movie was filmed. I also lived close to Mount Tongiriro which in the movie is Mount Doom. Have you watched any of the movies that you mentioned? I think you would enjoy 'Whale Rider'.

    Keep up the awesome work, Ama.

    Kindest regards,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.