Monday 2 September 2019

Mt Ruapehu- Camp!

Mt Ruapehu- Camp!

On Tuesday the 20th of August, the Year Fives and Sixes of Waikowhai Primary School went on the amazing, glorious ski camp! 

We had to do so much packing before the trip because we were going away for four days. If we didn't have any of the required gear like ski jackets, ski pants, waterproof gloves or thermal socks, we could borrow them some from school. Before camp, I was feeling really excited to ski, but worried because I had never been away from my family for that long. We had a very long bus ride in the morning, it felt like hours! Our first destination was Hamilton Gardens. We got to have morning tea there. After morning tea, we were given papers that had pictures of things in the gardens. We had to find out which gardens the photos belonged to. The fist team finished would get a prize. my team came third. After that we also went to the Otorohanga park, Ed Hillary Walkway and another playground.

We were staying at the Crossing Backpackers. The rooms had bunk beds and the food was absolutely amazing. On the first night, we had a roast dinner with vegetables. Dessert was ice cream. Our breakfasts included cereal or weet bix with milk and peaches or pears. After dinner we would usually go up to the games room and watch movies. We also had games like snakes and ladders in the dining room.

On our first day at the mountain, we did some sledding, and had ski/ snowboard lessons. Lots of people learned to ski within the two days on the mountain, and that included me. There was a blizzard while we were skiing, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. I made heaps of snow mountains and one snow burrow. We took heaps of photos, and we even got to go on the gondola and chairlifts! Once you were on the gondola, you got a 360 degree view of Happy Valley.

I would say that camp was the highlight of the year and my favourite part was going to mt Ruapehu and the Taupo hot pools. You should go on camp if you can, because it is a great experience for everyone.

Here is some of my work and photos below.

My camp slideshow...

My camp reflections...


And the other photos...




















Thank you for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.